• Thank you all for being so helpful on Photo Day (Wednesday August 20th). August 23, 2014 at 4:56 pm

• Are you ready for a terrific 2014-2015 school year? July 30, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Good Mythical Morning!

Michaela Brannon, Staff Writer
November 4, 2013
Filed under In Case You Missed It

Childhood best friends and “Internetainers” Rhett McLaughlin and Link Neal met in 1984 as first grade students at Buies Creek Elementary School in Buies Creek, North Carolina.  Over the years they have maintained their friendship and created an advertising and entertainment business that has launched them into internet stardom.

The two started off in 2007 with their first professional video: “Cornhole Song,” which was sponsored by AJJ Cornhole in support of his business. Rhett and Link have created advertisements for many small businesses in addition to large corporations such as McDonalds, Coca-Cola, Alka-Seltzer, Taco Bell, TV Guide, and Cadillac. The success of their advertisements led to their own TV show titled ‘Rhett and Link: Commercial Kings,’ which lasted one season on IFC (Independent Film Channel). The duo then moved their talents to Youtube with their stop motion videos “T-shirt Wars” in 2010 which received over four-million views and “T-shirt Wars 2” which reached the one-million views mark within two weeks of its initial online posting.  In 2011, Rhett and Link made a commercial for Ojai Taxidermy, owned by Chuck Testa, which received over thirteen-million views and also spawned the infamous ‘Nope! Chuck Testa’ memes.

On January 9, 2012, the duo launched their popular talk show ‘Good Mythical Morning,’ (commonly known as GMM) which can be seen Monday through Friday on Youtube. On GMM Rhett and Link discuss a variety of random, out of the box topics that are sure to start anyone’s day with a laugh.  The Mythical Show, a spin-off of Good Mythical Morning is a half hour variety show that appears every Friday. The Mythical Show discusses odd topics as well as presents fun music videos, an animated mini-cartoon and pop-culture plays acted out by tiny tots. So start YOUR day off right with Rhett and Link on GMM and subscribe to their channels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSnE4VWzqQ4

Comments